There is a recommended temperature that your dimmer switch is not to exceed and if it does, you will want to call an electrician. The temperature of the dimmer switch should be on the back of the switch, and if you have a feeling it is too hot, then don’t ignore it. It could be caused by a number of different things that need to be addressed by an electrician. The wiring or the current going to it could be the cause.
- If you think the dimmer switch is greater than the recommended temperature then it is time to contact your electrician.
- The temperature for the dimmer switch is usually on the back of the switch and that’s what the electrician will look for.
- This isn’t something you should put off if you think the switch is getting to hot.
“The heat can cause the thermoplastic coating that covers the wires to crack and lose their insulating ability, leading to dangerous short circuits and arc faults.”