Buildings that were built in the 1960s and 1970s may have aluminum wiring. At the time, aluminum wiring was used because it was cheaper. But this type of wiring can heat up too fast, and cause fires. For buildings that have this type of wiring, it is recommended that it be replaced with copper wiring. Another thing that may need to be replaced is a circuit breaker. If it trips often, it should probably be replaced, because this indicates a problem with the wiring.
- If circuit breakers within your company’s facility are constantly tripping, it could reflect a severe wiring issue that needs professional attention.
- Although a bulb flickering once time may be due to something simple like the need for a replacement, constant flickering can indicate faulty wiring.
- If you ever smell something that doesn’t resemble the traditional smell of something burning, it could be the smell of wires burning.
“Aluminum heats up faster than copper and can lead to electric fires.”