If your home has recently experienced flooding or any other type of water damage, it is critical that you do not immediately enter the premises. This is due to electrical wiring potentially being active, posing a threat to anyone who comes into contact with it. It is best to hire a professional to asses the damage and give you the okay to proceed back onto your property. Also be sure to have them evaluate any electronic wiring or appliances to see if they need to be replaced or restored.
- It’s important to understand that wet wiring is still capable of carrying a charge.
- Therefore making contact with wet wiring is ill-advised as electrocution is very possible.
- Appliances differ as to manufacturer’s standards and endurance levels, which is why a professional is best suited to decide when and how an appliance should receive repair.
“Aside from the structural damage your home may have incurred, you will need to be especially cautious of any electrical systems that may be compromised.”