Household electricity is very common, but also very dangerous. In fact, most standard household electricity voltages can stop a person’s heart. It is important to stay safe in the home by being smart about electricity. First, it is important to educate oneself about basic electricity safety by knowing the do’s and don’ts when it comes to household cords and outlets. It is also important to maintain the household in order to avoid any electrical-related accidents. To be safe, it is critical to consult local or federal organizations about basic electricity in case there is any doubt in one’s mind about what is safe and what is not.
- Electricity has become a thing that we rely upon in our daily living but we most times underestimate the potential dangers that electricity pose.
- When electricity passes through a human body, an electrical shock will happen because the human has made himself part of the closed circuit the electricity passes through.
- When electricity makes contact with a human, it can also cause falls or injury which severity will depend on the amount of current and the current’s frequency.
“personnel need to be aware of the hazards electricity poses, such as shock, fire and explosion, and either eliminate or control those hazards.”
Read more: https://ehs.washington.edu/fire-life/basic-electrical-safety