Call Us Today

There are too many fires recorded as a result of electrical problems. These fires can be avoided by paying attention to some signs. Avoid having too many extension cords and electrical wires in the home, let such wires be safely hidden in the walls. In instances where you have a funny odor coming from any outlet, turn it off instantly and disconnect every electrical appliance connected to it. A buzzing sound is a red flag, when you have such, do not waste any time in calling an electrician. Do not overload an outlet.

Key Takeaways:

  • In 2017 alone, electrical fires killed over 3,000 Americans, wounded almost 15,000 others, and caused tens of billions of dollars in damage.
  • You should minimize use of extension cords, which can short out and ignite fires or damage your electrical system.
  • Unusual smells emanating from electrical outlets can be a sign of serious danger, and you should immediately disconnect any device plugged into the outlet in question.

“If you have so many extension cords it looks like your house is filled with Medusa’s wigs, then it’s pretty obvious your wiring can’t handle your electrical needs.”

Read more: